NDA 2 2021
NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY
“SERVICE to DEFENCE”
Indian Armed Forces these three words for which lot of individuals of nation are working hard to get into it. When it comes to joining the Armed Forces and serving your nation, you can go about it in more than a few way, and one of the way is NDA.
It is a national level entrance exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
UPSC NDA 2 2021 NOTIFICATION
The Union Public Service Commission published the Official Notification of NDA Exam for 2021 on 09th June 2021. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for the UPSC NDA 2- 2021 exam from 09th June 2021 till 29th June 2021. UPSC NDA-2 2021 written exam will be conducted on 5th September 2021 across the nation.
UPSC NDA 2 2021 VACANCY DETALS
Total Posts - 400
- National Defence Academy - 370 to include 208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 120 for Air Force (including 28 for ground Duties)
- Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme) - 30
Recruitment of candidates is for only Male candidates . Candidates need to clear the entrance exam with a valid score followed by the SSB interview round. Candidates after qualifying the interview round have to go through the medical examination and document verification procedure. Candidates have to apply for the NDA exam through online mode.
Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2 January, 2003 and not later than 01 January 2006 are eligible.
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy :12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- For the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
NDA follows a three-stage recruitment process it consists of:
No. of Questions
2 Hours & 30 Minutes
General Ability Test
2 Hours & 30 Minutes
Intelligence and Personality Test
Authority will be called all those candidates who successfully cleared the entrance exam for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference by the respective service HQ.
SSB is a 5 days evaluation process:-
Day 1 - Screening test
Day 2 - Psychological evaluation
Days 3 and 4 - Group tests
Day 5 - a compilation of results in conference.
A personal interview is also included during the selection period
Medical Fitness Test
A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
If NDA is a Venn diagram, then it has 4 circles.
- Written Test
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination
- Merit List
“If all four circles overlap, you get entry into the prestigious Defence academies , But seems like overlapping of these 4 circles is the simplest yet hardest thing to do.”