Technical Graduate Course
Technical Graduate Course
“SERVICE to DEFENCE”
Indian Armed Forces these three words for which lot of individuals of nation are working hard to get into it. When it comes to joining the Armed Forces and serving your nation, you can go about it in more than a few way, and one of the way is TGC.
Technical Graduate Course is a type of entry for recruitment of only Male Cadets in the Armed Forces.
TGC 133 NOTIFICATION
TGC 133 Notification for 2021 is published on 25th February 2021. Eligible and interested candidates can apply till 26th March 2021.
Recruitment of candidates is for only Male. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks without assigning any reason. Initial checking of applications will be done at Directorate General Recruiting, Army HQs. Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on aggregate percentage of marks scored will be called for and assessed under Servicei Selection Center. Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
ONLY FOR MALE CANDIDATES-
The eligibility criteria for the particular is that age is 20 to 27 years as on 01 Jul 2021. (Candidates born between 02 Jul 1994 and 01 Jul 2001, both dates inclusive). Qualification is BE\Btech from Recognized University and Marital Status is Un Married.
As per latest notification TGC 133
- Civil (including mining/ construction)
- Electrical or Electrical & Electronics
- Automobile/Workshop Technology
- Food Tech/Bio Tech/Bio Medical Engg
- Chemical Engg
- Electronics & Telecom/Telecommunication/Electronics & Comn/Satellite Comm.
- Metallurgy & Explosives/Metallurgical Engg
- Industrial/Manufacturing Engg/Industrial Engg & Mgt/Production
- Electronics/Opto Electronics/Fibre Optics/Micro Electronics & Microwave
- Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrumentation
- Architecture/ Building Constr Technology
- Computer Sc & Engg/Computer Technology/Info Tech / M.Sc
- Computer Sc
TYPES OF COMMISSIONS
- Short Term Commission:Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
(b) Permanent Commission: On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
(c) Ante Date Seniority: One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of TGC Entry in the rank of Lt.
Candidates are shortlisted based on their engineering percentage and get a direct SSB interview call letter.
Intelligence and Personality Test
Authority will be called all those candidates who successfully cleared the entrance exam for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference by the respective service HQ.
SSB is a 5 days evaluation process:-
Day 1 - Screening test
Day 2 - Psychological evaluation
Days 3 and 4 - Group tests
Day 5 - a compilation of results in conference.
A personal interview is also included during the selection period
Medical Fitness Test
A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
We can say that TGC is all about the game of the marks and merit list.